Wellington named for Ranfurly Shield challenge
Ricoh Wellington Lions coach Chris Boyd is sticking to a similar line-up this week as his team look to secure the Ranfurly Shield for the first time since 2009.
Jason Woodward has been cleared to play after initially being in doubt following Saturday’s match in Pukekohe, however, a slight backline shuffle sees Matt Proctor drop to fullback, with Ope Peleseuma and newcomer Marvin Karawana pairing in the midfield.
Vaea Fifita comes also comes into the starting line-up for the injured Mark Reddish.
The Lions last won the Ranfurly Shield in 2008, after beating Auckland 27-0 at Eden Park. They kept the Shield secure through four challenges in 2009, before falling 36-14 to Canterbury.
The team to face Hawke’s Bay at McLean Park tomorrow night, kick-off 7.35pm is;
1. Tolu Fahamokioa (Tawa)
2. Motu Matu’u (Oriental Rongotai)
3. Eric Sione (Northern United)
4. Vaea Fifita (Wellington)
5. Ross Filipo (Petone)
6. Brad Shields (c) (Petone)
7. Adam Hill (Old Boys’ University)
8. Victor Vito (Marist St Pats)
9. Sheridan Rangihuna (Hutt Old Boys Marist)
10. Willie Ripia
11. Ambrose Curtis (Oriental Rongotai)
12. Ope Peleseuma (Hutt Old Boys Marist)
13. Marvin Karawana (Wainuiomata)
14. Jason Woodward (Upper Hutt)
15. Matt Proctor (Oriental Rongotai)
16. James O’Reilly (Hutt Old Boys Marist)
17. Taniela Koroi (Tawa)
18. James Wall (Hutt Old Boys’ Marist)
19. Pau Halafihi (Oriental Rongotai)
20. Frae Wilson (Wainuiomata)
21. Jackson Garden-Bachop (Northern United)
22. Tu Umaga-Marshall (Tawa)